All times are UTC [ DST ]

Servman and DCS World
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 am 
Pennywise

Servman is not working too well with the current DCS World due to not being kept current. Is it time we moved on to Slmod or have we done so already?

Slmod Version 6.2 for DCS World

Changes from 6.1 (all that I can remember, at least):

- Added the Slmod Server Administration tools
Allows admins to kick, ban, add admins, pause the mission, reload the mission, change the pause-on-empty setting, load a different mission, etc. More details below.

- Added slmod.CA_chatmsg(text, coa)
Sends the string text as a chat message to ONLY the combined arms players on coalition coa. coa needs to be either "red" or "blue", but if you specify "all" or leave it blank, it will output the message to all combined arms players on both coalitions.

- Slmod settings are now configured in C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\config.lua.

- Added new setting for Slmod: slmod_pause_when_empty.
If you set this setting to true in C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\config.lua, then the server will pause when empty, and unpause when clients join, unless a server admin overrides it with the -admin pause override command.

Additional info on the Server Administration Tools:
[spoiler]
These are the commands (entered through chat; not case sensitive):

"-admin" or "-admin help" If you are an admin, shows all the options on the admin menu and how to use them.

"-admin kick <player name>" Kicks a player.

"-admin ban <player name>" Bans a player by UCID and IP.

"-admin unban <player name>" Unbans a player.

"-admin add <player name>" Adds an admin (by UCID).

"-admin remove <player name>" Removes an admin.

"-admin pause" Pauses or unpauses the server.

"-admin restart" or "-admin reload" Reloads the current mission

"-admin load" Creates a new "menu" from which you can select and load a mission from a certain folder. This folder defaults to "C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\Missions", but you can change this folder in the "C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\config.lua" file.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If the server pause-when-empty option is enabled:

"-admin pause override" or "-admin override pause" Temporarily disables or re-enables the server pause-when-empty option.
----------------------------------------------------
If a string is specified for the slmod_admin_register_password option in the config.lua file:

"-reg" Your next chat message will be treated as a password entry (not shown to anyone else). If it matches the password specified for slmod_admin_register_password, then your UCID will be added to the list of server admins.
------------------------------------

The list of server administrators is maintained in C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\ServerAdmins.lua.

The list of banned clients is maintained in C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\BannedClients.lua.

You can specify a different folder for the admin tools to get missions from using the slmod_admin_tools_mission_folder option in the config.lua file.
[/spoiler]

IN GENERAL, PLEASE SEE THE C:\Users\<Account Name>\Saved Games\DCS\Slmod\config.lua FILE FOR ALL THE NEW CONFIG OPTIONS!

Installation instructions:

No Servman
0) Download and extract http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=73791&stc=1&d=1353363525

1) In "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts", rename "MissionScripting.lua" to "MissionScripting_original.lua". Now, paste the "MissionScripting.lua" file included with this mod into this directory.

2) In "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\net", rename "server.lua" to "server_original.lua". Now, paste the "server.lua" file included with this mod into this directory.

CAUTION: MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CONFUSE THE "server.lua" file LOCATED IN ./DCS World/Scripts WITH THE ONE LOCATED IN ./DCS World/Scripts/net!!

3) Paste the "Slmodv6_2" folder into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\net".

Servman 301

CAUTION: Servman 301 is a little buggy now as the code has not been updated or fixed in some time. Slmodv6.2 has also not been checked for Servman compatibility, but I see no reason why it won't work as well as previous versions did. The main issue is the old and unsupported Servman 301 code. Errors in Servman could potentially cause Slmod to malfunction too.

Installation Instructions:
0) Download and extract http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=73792&stc=1&d=1353363525

1) In "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts", rename "MissionScripting.lua" to "MissionScripting_original.lua". Now, paste the "MissionScripting.lua" file included with this mod into this directory.

2) In "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Addons\ServMan3", rename "servman_server.lua" to "servman_server_original.lua". Now, paste the "servman_server.lua" file included with this mod into this directory.

3) Paste the "Slmodv6_2" folder into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\net".

Re-installation after auto-update:

1) Open "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World".

2) Find and open the latest _backup.<number> folder.

3) Copy the "Scripts" folder. Go up one folder level and paste it into "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World". Say "yes" to all folder merges and file overwrites. Slmod does not modify any files that are subject to frequent change, so it's highly unlikely you will overwrite some necessary change that the auto-updater had made (however, following these instructions you will also re-install any other ./Scripts mods you had installed, and I cannot vouch for them).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
'You may All go to Hell, And I will go to Texas'
ImageImage
'And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell......
One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my Time in Hell....'

Re: Servman and DCS World
    PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:03 pm 
Krymsk AA Member

It's too bad Panzertard dropped off the radar. But, that said, we have to keep current with our ability to have a fully functioning and enjoyable server, and if that means moving to a new administration product, IMHO, then that's what we have to do.

I have tried to get ahold of Panzer a few time with no responses. Time to move on I guess.

See, decide, attack, reverse -- Colonel Erich "Bubi" Hartmann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm 
Runway Sweeper

I'm in and willing to chip in $$ if that is required.

TiGGs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:53 pm 
Sukhoi Arms Alcoholic

No harm in trying a new thingy....

ImageImageImage
My Youtube
My DCS mods
My Twitch Channel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 pm 
Sukhoi Arms Regular

ill chip in as well .
once i finds a way to get bucks , accross the pond .
im not fimular with , paypal ,,
JUST YET . ;)

Dont worry about tommorrow . Today is tough enough!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm 
Krymsk AA Member

159th_TiGGer wrote:

TiGGs

SLMod is a freebie, just a matter of removing all instances of Servman, and replacing with the new one.

See, decide, attack, reverse -- Colonel Erich "Bubi" Hartmann

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:50 pm 
Sukhoi Arms Regular

159th_Spetz wrote:
159th_TiGGer wrote:

TiGGs

SLMod is a freebie, just a matter of removing all instances of Servamn, and replacing with the new one.

:lol:
SOUNDS EASY ENOUGH .
then old-timers kicks in and says ,,
best you wait fer someone to figure it out fer ya , Pops , Mate . ;)
someone will help me ,, im sure .
Pops ,,
@ Ease .

Dont worry about tommorrow . Today is tough enough!