All times are UTC [ DST ]

Nikopol's ban report
    PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:01 am 
Hangar Rat

Hello 159th!

I've been banned from your public server for behaving like an a$$hole with Skinner. I'm sorry, really.

I joined the multiplayer DCS community a few weeks ago: as you may imagine, I'm a noob.
I love to fly with the A10C, which is not difficult per se, but sometimes there's "too much going on screen". It may happen that in dangerous situation I lose concentration, make dumb decisions, do stupid maneuvers. It happens, I'm still learning the basics. Sometimes these "panic reactions" do not end well at all, sometimes I'm lucky, sometimes (very few ones) I manage to keep control of the situation. As said, I'm learning, and keep training offline on dodging SAM launches etc. Neverthless, I often crash on the ground because of these stupid fast decisions I make, or I step from a difficult situation to a worse one.

So, Speckfire suspected that this was an intentional suicide behaviour I have in dangerous situations: I prefer to die rather than engaging a dogfight, or RTB. As many other players in your server can say, it's not true: I (try to) cooperate a lot with other CAS, to interface with JTAC and ask support for CAP. Many people there know that I RTB or try an emergency landing if needed. They know, as we write with each other in server's team chat.

I had a pair of ban warnings for intentional suiciding from Speckfire. It was not kind: I'm not suiciding, I make errors. If engaged by a fighter I try to lose altitude as fast as I can, trying to drag the boogie against friendly SAM fire.
But ok, no problem: it's a legitimate suspicion.

The next day, after hours spent enjoying your mission with others, I have been warned again: it was night time on mission, I was following a CBU splash on TGP while trying an evasive maneuver against a fighter's radar lock. I've been too confident, didn't look what was going on HUD, crashed into the sea. I felt stupid by myself, it was a big facepalm.

I didn't react well at a further ban warning from Skinner. I'm sorry, that's not how I usually behave: I acted like an a$$hole. But on my side it was absurd to be ban warned for being a noob. Anyway, it does not justify my provocations.
I have no reason to be disrespectful with Speckfire, Skinner or anyone in this very community. On the contrary: I've really enjoyed your missions and appreciate the free public service you're offering to the community to the DCS community, keeping an open server.
I simply felt "haunted", suspected of something I was not doing at all. It was just stupidity, lack of experience.

I apologize, it was an instinctive reaction for being accused of something I wasn't doing.

I hope you'll understand and revoke the ban on me.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the (enGrish) long post :)

Nikopol

Re: Nikopol's ban report
    PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:02 am 
Sukhoi Arms Barman

I accept your apology.

From the get go when your appeared to be doing "intentional suicides" and were given a warning you should have came onto TS and explained yourself instead of getting super defensive and resorting to name calling.

That being said, you ban is being discussed in another thread.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____

Sanguis et Vulnera
Blood and Wounds

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:40 pm 
Sukhoi Arms Barman

Ban will be lifted this coming Friday with a one months probation to follow.

Sanguis et Vulnera
Blood and Wounds

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:26 am 
Hangar Rat

Thank you! :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:05 am 
Sukhoi Arms Barman

Ban lifted.

Probation period starts immediately and will end on 14 Sept/2015.

Sanguis et Vulnera
Blood and Wounds